1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius and Centro

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by acousticbiker, Nov 24, 2007.

1. acousticbiker

acousticbiker New Member

I have a 2006 Prius and have been able to successfully pair Treos 650, 700p and 755p. I just recently got a Centro and I haven't been able to successfully pair. I enter the security code on my Centro, which then shows that pairing is complete. But the Prius hangs on the "Connecting" screen. I tried dialing a call (which fixed this problem for the 650), but that didn't help either.

Anyone who has successfully paired a Centro with their Prius, I would love your help!

2. Stepclimb!

Stepclimb! New Member

Success!

I just got a Sprint Centro and like the features, but also could not get Bluetooth to link to the car. The prius would just sit on the "connecting" screen.

I read from a similar post where someone with a TREO 755 (palm) was able to get to a "secret" menu and connect.

Well, good news, it works with the Centro as well.

I was always able to get to the screen on the phone that showed the car in the box that displayed nearby devices. At the top of the screen it reads "Discovery Results"

Highlight your car's name on that screen with the stylus, and then hit the "menu" button on the lower right portion of the phone's keyboard. It's the button to the right of Alt.

A previously hidden dropdown menu will appear with one option: Connect.

Hit that and voila, the phone will pair up with the car!

Good luck....

-Stepclimb

1 person likes this.
  3. theox

theox New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks! I just got a Centro today and used your instructions to connect it after the normal way failed. It took a few times of hitting the menu button for it to show up, but it finally did. Thanks for the tip!

1 person likes this.
  4. MBPriussince2003

MBPriussince2003 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    We would have been lost without Stepclimb's instructions. I can't tell you how much time we had already spent trying to get it to work. Thanks!