1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius and War of the Worlds

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DaveinOlyWA, Jun 29, 2005.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    now a very good movie has become great because of its star the Tideland Prius shown in the movie.

check out cruise when he walks out of his house and sees a bunch of people starring at the sky. as he turns to see what they are looking at, the camera looking towards the street. check out the car that drives by.

2. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Cruise can F himself as far as I'm concerned. His egotistical rants about depression and medicine have turned me off to any of his works, Pruis or no.

3. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    u r right to feel that way just as he also has the right to feel the way he does.

however, it aint his movie.

4. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Don't like the Tom Cruise rantings, hate it even more when the "marriage" is announced, seems like it fits perfectly as a publicity stunt. After all seems like he loves them and leaves them...BUT a Prius, now that is worth looking at...may go see that movie just to see the car.

5. Erick

Erick Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA\";p=\"102574)</div>
    I totally agree that Cruise is allowed to think whatever he wants but who I feel sorry for, are all the stupid people who believe the crazy, inaccurate, bizarre stuff he says. When people become walking advertisments and spokespeople, I almost think that they should have to have things cleared before they say stuff for accuracy. But then again, I don't want big brother telling me what I can or can't say. I guess if your dumb enough to believe what he says, then power to ya! Anyway, movie looks pretty stupid so I'll probably pass, Prius or no Prius.

6. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    [align=center:96aa568a12]F R E E     K A T I E ! ! ![/align:96aa568a12]

7. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i couldnt care less what he says. he is no more full of it than several of his actor buddies. didnt listen to them either

facts is, it was a great movie and its Spielberg that is responsible for most of that. im not going to condemn a movie just because cruise is in it.

8. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

Spielberg is one of the best, ranks right up there with Friedkin, Lucas, Emmerich, and Coppola....although, Howard the Duck pretty much knocked Lucas out of the running with me, but I got over it :lol: I'm looking more forward to Indiana Jones 4, it's just a shame that Spielberg and company can't pull off another Back to the Future :cry: , and it's a shame Michael J. Fox is limited in his abilities now, otherwise I think we would have already seen a 4th.

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie, I'm glad it's gotten some good reviews, regardless of what Cruise did or said. He's a good entertaining actor, that's what I'm going to see, I'm not paying to see his opinions or views, so I don't see how that's got anything to do with it.

Dave.

9. hab

hab New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hybrid_Dave\";p=\"102618)</div>
    Spielberg had nothing to do with Back to the Future. That was Robert Zemeckis.

Kerrraazzy drunk drivers!!!

10. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hab\";p=\"102624)</div>
    Spielberg had nothing to do with Back to the Future. That was Robert Zemeckis.

Kerrraazzy drunk drivers!!![/b][/quote]

Sorry, that's incorrect. Spielberg produced all 3 Back to the Future films, Zemeckis was the director....I'm sitting here looking at the trilogy I have on DVD right now, as well as watching them about 25 times per year. :p Google it.

"He's a peeping Tom" :wink:

Dave.

edit.....found it for ya....

www.spielbergfilms.com/thefilms.html

11. hab

hab New Member

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.

12. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hab\";p=\"102635)</div>
    I'll give you this much...directorally, Spielberg had nothing to do with the film...he only produced it. Zemeckis' only film before the "future" trilogy was "Romancing the Stone" with Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas. Spielberg was Zemeckis' mentor and basically put the guy on the map with the BTTF series. Bob Gale also played a big role in tying the 3 films together....either way, it's a part of American history!

13. hab

hab New Member

I hear ya pal. I had no idea Spielberg was ever involved with those movies. Movies like that pull you into a world where you sometimes forget about stuff like that.

Cheers! :p

14. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hab\";p=\"102642)</div>
    I'm with ya man....I had no idea until recent years that Spielberg was involved with as many movies and shows that you see on that link I put up there....that is one busy guy. :D

I'm disappointed that they're finalizing plans for Jurassic IV...I thought they learned their lesson after part II

15. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Funny, the 1st (and only) review I read (today) gave it bad marks.....

"War of the Worlds" is so disjointed and episodic, it plays like 32 short films about alien invasions

review

16. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I really enjoyed the movie! I thought it was very entertaining. Im going to see it again with my friends this weekend!
    Too bad the Prius in the film only lasts another 30 seconds after it drives by... ;)

17. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    As far as I am concerned, any “Hollywood†movie that features big name stars has two strikes against it before it ever makes it into the theaters.

#1) Why would I want to pay more for a movie ticket just to watch some overpaid actor?
    There are many very talented and underemployed actors to choose from.

#2) Trying to get past the thought of that same face being another person bugs me.

What is that . . . psychotic cadet, underwear dancing High School football playing, pimp senior, evil fighter who flies Navy jets, hustles pool, tends bar and uses his idiot savant brother, only to later become a paralyzed Vietnam veteran who drives NASCAR, defends Marines and later joins a prestigious law firm, morphs into vampire (isn’t that the same as attorney??)/ secret agent/ sports agent/doctor, woman seducing seminar instructor, magazine publishing playboy, Pre-Crime Police Chief, Samurai wanna-be contract killer, alien fighting guy . . . going to do next?

Hopefully retire!

Nor do I want to hear his views on anything. After all, he’s just a !@&#’n actor.

At least Tom Cruise isn’t as bad as Jack Nicholson. . . who plays the same Jack Nicholson character in every movie he is in.

But still, I’d rather not spend $9.75 for a movie ticket and instead use the money to buy four gallons of gas and go take a 200 mile pleasure drive in the country in my Prius!

18. Schmika

Schmika New Member

I am with Erik. Everybody has the right to their opinion and everybody else has the right to believe it or ignore it. I am more upset with the media types who transmit those ideas to the masses. If I give my opinion, it is only heard by those around me (or readers of Priuschat :lol: )

When these "famous" people say something, regardless of how "banal" or "factually incorrect" it may be, it is written and broadcast everywhere.

I use the "actions" rule to determine if I will or will not spend my money to support anything.

Examples- I will never spend money on anything affiliated with the "Dixie Chicks" (country singers- said they were embarrassed to also come from Texas), Ice T (rap song about killing cops), Jane Fonda (still mad at Hanoi Jane over Vietnam). Others have been forgiven when they made amends (mostly apologies)

Most actors only "talk" so I say "so what". However, there have been entertainers who have performed at fundraisers which are actions. Willie Nelson raised funds for convicted cop killers. Hey, money for defense before conviction is one thing, money after conviction is a whole new ball game.

Where was I going with this, Oh, Tom Cruise is just silly IMHO. If the movie is good, I'm gonna see it. I gotta see Star Wars- Sith first.

19. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Just re-read my post and realized the Dixie Chicks never "did" anything except give their opinion. I need to re-think my point of view on them. I guess they just p'ed me off. OK, I'll spend money on them if they make something I like. :pukeleft:

20. CAStaszak

CAStaszak New Member

Well, I saw War of the Worlds yesterday, and I was not thrilled. I much preferred Independence Day, which has heart and meaning. This new War of the Worlds was just plain destruction, and not feel for the characters. Just plain not interesting, and the effects you can see in any movie, so rent it if you want to see it, but skip the theater.

I will say that even my wife did not miss the Prius in the background, and she usually does not pick up on things like that.