1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius at no mark up

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by sofsof, Dec 8, 2005.

1. sofsof

sofsof New Member

I just saw this ad at the LA craigslist:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/car/116503386.html

they claim to have a few 2006 cars at no mark up. Good luck.

Very excited. Getting my Barcelona Red #8 Monday from a different dealership. This is simply a PSA :)

2. dogtrainer

dogtrainer New Member

Here in VA Ramey toyota has 4 o5's one with pkg 6 they are offering at a great deal off msrp I mean a lot :D

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The ad has this little caveat:

4. sofsof

sofsof New Member

You must be talking about the Tax break. It wouldn't bother me that much. I'm getting my car Monday (not from them.)

I actually considered this tax issue for a while and was going to wait til next year, but a) I wanted to make sure that I have a slightly safer position vis-a-vis the HOV stickers; B) I discussed this with my accountant many times and decided that there are other ways to write it off, especially given the fact that picking the Prius up in 2005 will allow to write some of it off in 2005 and 2006.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    As of yesterday, the highest HOV sticker number reported here was in the 39,000 range. You are fairly safe waiting three weeks until 2006, even if there is going to be a reassessment at the 50,000 mark.

While I am sure that there are other ways to write the car off, even if you are in the 33% federal income tax bracket, it will take a $10,000 write off to equal the benefit the Prius 2006 tax credit (unless you are subject to AMT, of course).

A little savlanut (sofsof will understand, but for the non Hebrew speakers it means patience) can go a long way money wise.

6. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm even considering buying another after the first of the year and selling my 05. Alot of people will not want the uncertainty of applying for and waiting HOV stickers. A low miles loaded 05 with stickers should sell. Seen asking prices on Craig's list and autotrader close to and even above MSRP. Of course, asking and selling prices are two different things, but I know many people in my area don't care what they pay, just want it now.