1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius at the drive in?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by mandiwoot, Feb 15, 2013.

1. mandiwoot

mandiwoot New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi new prius owner here. I was wondering how taking a Prius to the drive in would work. normally you would put your car in I guess what would be call the alt position to listen to the radio while the movie is playing. will this be the same for the Prius or would it drain the battery? any info would be very helpful thank you in advance :) pS I have a 2011 Prius 2 if that helps

OceanEyes likes this.
  2. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Put the car in the ready position, ie turn it on, the engine will run occasionally to keep the battery up, don't use the acc function because the 12 volt will run down fairly quickly.

3. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Or you can take a portable radio with you. :D

OceanEyes likes this.
  4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yep. Do NOT leave it in ACC. Leave it in READY mode.

5. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Never thought about the drive in option in a Prius...so this is an education just in case!

In life BD (before divorce) spent time at a local drive in in a Subaru... they had seven screens for a variety of movie viewing options and always had double features on every screen for the "die hards."

6. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Reminds me of the time my friends and I went to a drive-in and we used my '73 Eldorado to go there. We listened to 8-tracks on the way over. When we parked, I asked my friends where the speaker box was and was told "Oh, you just tune the radio to the station and listen". I wish they had said something earlier 'cause the reason we were listening to 8-tracks was because the radio didn't work. We asked the people around us to turn their radios up so we could hear the movie. :rolleyes: