1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius at the Drive-In

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by asills, Jan 8, 2007.

1. asills

asills Junior Member

If anyone here has a drive-in theater nearby, the Prius is a delight at them! I've been to my "local" (40 minutes away) drive-in quite a few times since I got my Prius.

In the summer you can't really keep your car on since everyone's usually out in lawn chairs and you'd be disturbing them, but once it cools off a bit people like to stay in their cars. Once it cooled down here I could keep the car on for the entire double feature without disturbing anyone.

I tuned to the radio station (didn't have to use the little red speaker on a cable) and could listen to some decent sound, shut the MFD off and kept the car on. The engine ran once every 35 minutes (no A/C or heater) for approximately 2 minutes. In all the engine kicked on about 6 or 7 times for the 3.5/4 hours we're there and I'm sure I had a much better experience than everyone there who tried to start their car at the end of the night and found their batteries dead!

I had been to the drive-in a few times before and never really liked it because you were stuck with crappy sound or you had to sit outside with all the bugs.