1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius battery question and is greentec auto legit?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Austen2007whiteprius, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Austen2007whiteprius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was going to order a replacement battery from greentec with 4 year warranty first I want to make sure it is 100% my battery. Attached is the reading i got from dr Prius. It is not taking any charge. Killed my aux battery just from sitting and using accessory mode here and there for a week or 2. Then when I tried to start the car this happened was running perfectly fine before. Also is greentec legit?

Attached Files:

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You are in Hawaii it looks like does Green tech have coverage on your island? That's going to be the big thing in your situation I have friends in Hawaii so if they don't have coverage on your island and what are you going to do if the battery fails and you need a replacement just something to consider maybe there's somebody on your island that does this work already there is a guy here local to me I paid like $700 for a reassembled tested battery The guy seemingly did a real good job too maybe check around on the island you're on and see The green bean and the green tech and all that business are just franchises that people have to purchase to sell products so if you can get around franchise fees car wraps logos and all that you can save some money of course most people are shopping trying to get some kind of a warranty Make sure you read that fine print real carefully and I mean carefully because they will pull the wool over your stuff quickly.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are you getting any trouble codes?

there is no relationship between the hybrid battery and the 12 volt, as far as damage to either battery is concerned