1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius becoming Toyota's 3rd best-selling sedan in US

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bookrats, Sep 30, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hmm 3rd???

i predicted that could have been 2nd this year if the supply would have been available... i got my oil changed today and my salesman says the waiting list is "down" to 6-7 months...

Toyota of Olympia has the highest allocation of Priuses in the state. he says that doesnt include the 250 fleet vehicles for the state. this order was reduced from 650 because of expected lack of supply.

i am very happy and more than a little proud of the fact that Washington State has taken such a proactive stance in helping to reduce air polution, government spending and oil consumption.

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I know what you mean, Dave -- it is amazing how many NextGen Prii I'm seeing around Washington.

I now have two people parking '04 Prii on my block. When mine arrives, and if/when my partner gets hers, it's going to be rather thick with them!

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
  4. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    At first, this news sounds great until you think about just how many sedans Toyota produces.... Let's see: there's the Avalon, the Camry, the Corolla, the Prius, and the Echo. That's five. The Avalon seems to be a bust; I've seen very few of them on the road and while it might be a great car, it's really only a slightly larger Camry with a few additonal perks. The Echo is being phased out by the Scion Xa. Echo and Prius share the same platform with radically different bodies and drivetrains. So, it's not as dramatic as it seems for the Prius to be the third best seller.
    What impresses me more is how fast it happened.