1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Blizzard Pearl #070 Body painting

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by yoyoman, Aug 3, 2019.

1. yoyoman

yoyoman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Back in 2017, I have scratched my 2017 prime Blizzard Pearl front bumper after a few days driving. Prime bumper is just way so low and hit the tire stopper at Walgreens parking lot.
    I wanted to patch the scratch and repaint myself so I have tried my skill on my 2014 before repairing my prime....

Overall, I spent 1x primer can, 3x blizzard pearl can from buplicolor and 1x 2K clear coat. I’m not professional but I think result is acceptable.
    Below is the scratch I’m repairing and the end result is in YouTube. Faster forward to the end to see final result if u are interested in DIY.

IMG_3025.jpg

iPhone ?

2. jb in NE

jb in NE Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    That seems a lot of work to touch up a scratch low on the body on a piece of plastic. I think I would brush on some touch-up paint on that scratch and call it good. It won't rust, and it's not obvious to the eye if it's the same color as the rest of the panel.

yoyoman likes this.
  3. yoyoman

yoyoman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I did tried the duplicolor pen but the result was poor because the damaged was too deep.

Actually, the most time consuming part was the waiting time between spray.

iPhone ?

Mark57 likes this.