1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Body Side Molding

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Seagull6, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Seagull6

Seagull6 New Member

What are Prius owners doing to avoid getting those nasty door dings in parking lots? I have been parking far enough away from the crowd like I used to do with my Corvette to avoid getting wacked, but I started thinking today that it might be a good idea to install body side molding. However, I don't ever remember seeing any Prius with molding down the side. What are your thoughts on going to WalMart and picking up a roll of after market self-sticking moulding and running it down each side of the car? Does Toyota make a side milding product like that?

Incidentally, in total since picking the Prius up last Friday I managed to put on 498 miles and got down to about 1/4 on the gas gage today so I filled the tank. My calculation is 48.87 MPG which less than the 52 that MFD was showing, but it was close enough and I am very happy with my fuel economy so far. That was for mixed highway and city driving. On the highway I have been using the cruise control locked in a 60 MPH. Does that sound about right for the first tank?

2. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Most people get the body side moldings either through the accessory store here or directly from www.metrotpn.com, where the store here gets them. They're painted with genuine Toyota paint for your Prius.

I've been told that they aren't technically moldings for the Prius but are actually for another Toyota car, but they work perfectly with the Prius.

You should also consider getting something to cover the top of the bumper in the rear to avoid getting scratches if you need to rest something on the bumper when opening or closing the hatch. I know metrotpn sells them - that's where I got mine - and I've also seen them at sigmaautomotive, another sponsor of this site. I got the kind that's black plastic, not the kind that's basically a decal.

3. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Seagull @ Jul 17 2006, 07:45 PM) [snapback]287811[/snapback]</div>
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=18837&st=0

Read this entire thread. I love the moldings I installed last week.