1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius=Bug

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by priushippie, Feb 20, 2010.

1. priushippie

priushippie New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Back in the 60s the VW Bug was the car to have if you were an antiestablishment type and wanted to save the environment. The microbus was also a favorite. The Prius allows me to relive those wonderful days. If there is ever another Woodstock and, I hope there is, I would bet the parking areas will be filled with Prii. Long live the Hippies!:hippie:

2 people like this.
  2. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I did my share of protesting, but I had a bug because it was the most economical car available at that time. It was probably the most common car in the parking lots of most universities in the US, and perhaps elsewhere. The time was about protest, but I think the VW bug was popular because of the low cost and good fuel economy for the time. The fact is, I would have had a 356 Speedster if it wasn't for the $. OK, far out man ... peace and save the whales ... that's the end of my protest. :peace:

Imagine Whirled Peas ... uh, Oh ya, I mean World Peace :)

3. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Did conservatives also buy VW bugs also?

4. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----

You bet; I got my first bug from a Richard M. Nixon :rockon: supporter (bumper sticker).

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The Bug was a cheap car for people who could afford no other. That included a lot of kids, and the original hippies were kids. The Prius began as an expensive car for people who want to burn less gas and can afford the investment to do so. Now it's just a mainstream car with good fuel economy for those who can afford it. (A used car is still cheaper transportation over all.) I have to say, I don't think the comparison "Prius = Bug" is valid.

6. priushippie

priushippie New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think the comparison is right on brother. Why not save the whales, the environment, nand have world peace?