1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C 4: Punctured Softex

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by afrowalking, Oct 28, 2013.

1. afrowalking

afrowalking Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I just discovered a tiny puncture in the Softex of my driver's seat (2012 Prius C4) which appears to have been caused by a pen based on evidence of blue ink around it. I don't recall carrying one in my back pocket and suspect it was one of the car wash dudes. UGH.

It's not covered under warranty of course so I guess I'll have to live with it but if you have any free/low cost and effective suggestions on how to address it, please let me know.

Thanks!

2. Jon_prius

Jon_prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You can try magicmenders (Google for website). I Used their product on my Tundra prior to selling as my leather drivers seat had a split on the side. The product worked pretty good and the color was very close. I am not sure if they have the Softex colors or not. The down side is that they have no phone number just email for support. Just don't "recolor" any more than you have to cover up the patch and you should be fine. You may want to use a Q-tip when you get to coloring portion of the repair to control the amount put on.

I got carried away as my Tundra was 12 years old and was trying to hide normal wear and tear on the leather and the ColorFlex from Magicmenders is not like the original leather finish, color is very close, but the feel is off.

There maybe other leather repair products on the market. The nice thing about Magic Menders is the ColorFlex that is matched to the vehicles leather color.

3. afrowalking

afrowalking Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks.