1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C Anti-Theft Features

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by aero7890, Jun 12, 2014.

1. aero7890

aero7890 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just got my first Prius today, and I'm really excited to get it out on the road (I've named her Maggie, the magnetic grey Prius C)!

However, I'm a bit confused by the anti-theft features of the Prius C. My current understanding is that while the Prius C doesn't have a factory alarm, it does contain anti-theft features. Does anyone know what anti-theft features the car does have?

I'm asking because the dealer pushed me to pay for them to activate a dealer-installed alarm on the car - he led me to believe the car didn't have any installed security features, but I'm now realizing this is likely not the case (instead, it's simply that the car doesn't have an alarm installed). Already, the dealer-installed alarm seems to be giving me problems - earlier today the alarm went off with little provocation. I'm pretty sure I want to go back and get it deactivated, but wanted to be sure on the anti-theft features that would still be active. Anyone have any insight into this?

2. hieronymous

hieronymous Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    An engine immobiliser is about it!

GT-I9300 ?

3. aero7890

aero7890 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Got it - thanks hieronymous. The Prius C also has a panic button as well, right? It's not necessarily a very effective prevention feature, but I guess it would technically fall under anti-theft features...

Also, do you know if the red light on the dash flash when the Prius C is locked regardless of whether there's a dealer-installed alarm in place?

4. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yes. That light just indicates that the immobilizer is in effect.
    I believe it will blink when there is no FOB around.......locked or unlocked.

5. aero7890

aero7890 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Great, thanks!