1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius c audio disturbances?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Rotom, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Rotom

Rotom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Gosh, am I glad I found this place. Hello all!

I'm a brand new owner of a blue 2012 Prius c - I've had it for two days and love it so far. But I do have a question.

The radio does a couple of curious things. One is that it will sometimes replay the last second or so of whatever was on; so you'll hear, for example, "That hit topped the char-opped the charts for two weeks." This also happens in reverse, where it will suddenly skip ahead (presumably compensating for the previous error), e.g., "That hit -rts for two weeks."

The other thing is that the volume jumps around. At first I was pleased, because I thought it was one of those cars that quiets down when you're stopped and gets louder when you're zooming along. But the volume jumps don't correspond to my vehicle's speed or motion. Quite consistently, it flips back and forth between the volume I've set and then, randomly, a dulled sound, as though you're hearing it underwater.

It'd be nifty if anyone here has heard of or dealt with this before and has some troubleshooting tips. I don't know if it's relevant, but my car has the LCD touch screen display/audio configuration. Thanks very much to anyone who can help me out a bit.

Take care!

2. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    It's probably switching between analog and digital signals from the same radio station. See this thread for more details:
    HD Radio going in and out | PriusChat