1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C Hits 200,000 miles, Original Brake Pads !

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by jjrhea, Dec 23, 2016.

1. jjrhea

jjrhea Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I just turned 200,000 Tuesday.

third set of tires at 180,000 (98,000, 82,000, ?????)
    10,000 mile oil changes
    filters, gas, as needed, plugs and coolant at factory recomended intervals.

All original brake pads, shocks, etc.....

Nothing broken, no rattles not related to crap in the back, I do hear the groaning of worn bushings in the front from time to time but I cannot complain. It'll be paid off in 3 months.

2. rhodeislandhntr

rhodeislandhntr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Awesome and congrats, keep her going, would like to 300,000 from someone. I only have 204 at the moment, lol. But the wife has me driving her around like crazy .

Got2bHam likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done! how has the dealership service been along the way?

4. That is nuts. I haven't gotten to 20,000 miles yet, and I'm just entering yellow, down to 6 mm of pad left, and I consider myself gentle on the brakes, with nice long glides for regen. (n)

Happy belated 200,000th birthday :p

Got2bHam likes this.
  5. Reno411

Reno411 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I changed my front breaks at 200,000 for the first time and back breaks at 250,000 and probably could've went way longer, but what's the point. It took me 15 minutes to change them and I don't have a lift or a hydraulic gun.

Other than that I change the oil and filter every 10k, air filters and tires every 50k. I changed the coolant at 200k and haven't done anything else.

Car starts up like the first day I bought it every day.

Only things I do not like are the USB port is worthless and the back windshield wiper isn't centered.

My front two door locks stopped working electronically, but it's a commuter car, so no big deal.

6. Sonic_TH

Sonic_TH Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One

''he USB port is worthless'' How? it is enough to charge a phone no problem.

7. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I'd change out the tranny fluid

8. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I would agree that the USB port is not ideal for charging. Better to get an adapter for the lighter socket so you can fast charge. But for music, the USB port is wonderful.

The C was my first car that had this and it caused me to finally convert all my CDs to MP3s and load them onto one of those very small USB drives, which I keep plugged in there all the time. Instant access to over 300 songs, combined with the great flexibility of the voice command system to ask for artist, song, album, genre, etc. has been a godsend. No more fumbling with CDs or getting distracted from the road looking for digital buttons on the dash.