1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius c Level 3 Backup Camera Lens

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by hoddy4, Apr 9, 2012.

1. hoddy4

hoddy4 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    (Title should say Prius v.) I'm not very pleased with the fisheye lens provided in the Level 3 backup camera. Maybe I'll learn how to judge distances better over time but I have no idea how far away an object is with this lens. Things that appear to be far away are actually quite close. Is it possible to change out this lense for one that would provide more useful info. or would the effort be harder than it is worth?

2. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I can't help on the lens part but can share what I do to learn how to gauge distance in these goofy views. Our Honda Oddysey had a similar viewpoint so my high tech solution to this was to place small traffic cones at known distances. Try to back to one without squashing it which takes some practice. You can use anything but I happened to have some small ones from when my driveway was refinished. The advanced tech camera gives a lot more info but I'm content with my traffic cones. W

Edited to add: you can modify your posts but I don't know if that includes topic titles. How varies on how you access the forum.