1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C now or later?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by thetakara, Feb 8, 2014.

1. thetakara

thetakara Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    More specifically, I can get a 2013 Prius C at 0% right now. However, I read that the 2015 will have improvements and such (lithium ion batteries, better mpg, sportier, etc.) but I'd get that with interest. I've been trying to decide on what to do in that regard. Any suggestions? Waiting for the 2015 is no problem for me.

2. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Based on your credit, if you can get 0% now you can get it later. Question is, what do you want to do?

3. vskid3

vskid3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You might as well wait until the 2015 is announced and see if the rumors are true. In the meantime, you could save the money you would've been spending on the 2013's payments to help with buying the 2015 to make up for not having the 0%.

4. thetakara

thetakara Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    They told me that they don't do special interest for brand new cars, so 2015 wouldn't fall in the special interest stuff next year.

5. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    lol, they most likely are lying to get you into their monthly quota

If you can wait as you said, wait...these 0% APR from TFS seems to be a ongoing thing for the most part anyway...and if they want your business, they should be willing to jump through heaps and bounds to get you the 0% or financing that you want/deserve. Whatever the situation, make sure you're not the one jumping through heaps and bounds for a car from a dealership. If you can get 0% now, I'm sure a year or so from now wouldn't make much of a difference, unless you really screw up your financial life

I wished I could've waited...I would've gone for a yellow C, qq

6. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
  7. ucmenhvn

ucmenhvn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone have a link to the 2015 Prius C ?

flotowngtm likes this.
  8. KYBlue

KYBlue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I was able to get 0% on my '13 when I bought it last July, way before "deal time" at most dealerships. I flew to Kansas to get it because the local dealer said no. The really interesting part on the toyota financing papers was that they flat out pointed out in bold text that the rate presented may not be a reflection of your credit and that the dealer could make it what they wanted.

When I had bought a new car many moons ago I was pretty sure that I should have qualified for the 0% but the dealer claimed I didnt, and my rate was 1.5% - I'm betting money that 1.5% was money they pocketed - but hey I was young and dumb.

9. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Not to side track, but I never finance through the Dealership. I have that covered before I ever walk in and start negotiating. Saves me money and time. ;)

10. KYBlue

KYBlue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I do the same, my credit union 99% of the time will kick the dealer's arse. In that particular time they couldn't, and the dealer's financing was better. And on the C - the only way to get 0% was through Toyota.

11. Mo G

Mo G Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I say wait it out. Especially when rumor has it that the new C will get better MPG. That alone is worth waiting for in my opinion. I might trade mine in for a new one when they arrive.

12. thetakara

thetakara Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I've been actually wondering about that. The info we have so far on it only mentions the Prius for the refresh, not the Prius C. Any links otherwise?

13. Mo G

Mo G Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    No links yet man. I've been trying to find any new info on a Prius C, and usually only thing Google points towards in the PriusChat forum. Lol.

14. thetakara

thetakara Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Would it make sense to go with the 2013 no interest and trade up next year or with the generation after that?

If you can't tell, I've never bought a new car before. :T

15. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yea but banks don't give out 0% loans, so dealers are better if you can get the 0%.

16. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You'll always lose more money doing a trade...especially on a new car to another new car

17. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Toyota has balked from LIon for years now (other than the PIP). I seriously doubt they will start by putting one in the C. They will stick to the tried and true, especially with the patent ending on NiCD.

18. Ashlem

Ashlem Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    If you absolutely don't need a new car now, as in your current car is on its last legs or got into a major accident, then I'd say wait, and save up for the 2015 prius c so you can pay it all in cash, and not have to worry about interest rates in the first place. Or at least pay enough upfront so you can theoretically pay it off within a year, even if you get 36-60 month financing.

That's just me though, I generally hate paying more for something than I need to. I understand how loans work, I just hate paying $120 for something that I could have paid $100 for.

19. gmay013114

gmay013114 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Is the dealer giving you anything off of the sticker price on the 2013 or are they just giving you 0%, since this is a 2013 they should knock something off of the sticker as well. It's already lost some value and will lose even more when you drive it off the lot, you would never be able to trade in a year or two, will probably owe more than what you could get in trade. If your sure there is going to be a new 2015 version, I would just wait.

20. thetakara

thetakara Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

That's pretty funny. Saving up $25,000 in a year? I don't make that much. xD