1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius c one of five nominees for 2012 Green Car Award

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by ftl, Oct 26, 2012.

1. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Green Car Journal's nominees for the 2012 Green Car Award include the Prius C:

Each year, Green Car Journal names its Green Car of the Year at the Los Angeles Auto Show. For the upcoming award, the field has narrowed down to five contenders, each using technology to achieve high fuel economy.

Here are this year's nominees:

Dodge Dart Aero
    Ford C-MAX
    Ford Fusion
    Mazda CX-5 SkyActiv
    Toyota Prius C

JMD likes this.
  2. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
  3. Ryephile

Ryephile The Technophile

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for posting. I saw that in the news this morning. I'm still confused on what the selection criteria is for this award; it seems kind of random. That said, I can't seem to find any online source for this award, it seems to be from their print magazine exclusively.

Curiously, the 2012 award was given to the still forthcoming Ford C-Max Energi. I wonder if it's acceptable to give the award to the car now "for real" now that it'll be actually on dealership lots in early 2013.

I don't see the Prius C winning this one, mainly because the Prius powertrain technology is seen as "old hat" and the media also can't be caught choosing the politically inconvenient option. The C-Max Hybrid is the next obvious choice, as it's new to the market, domestic, and slightly beats the Prius V in fuel economy ratings, despite not being the most fuel efficient of the finalists. In the end, I'm putting my money on the Fusion Hybrid, for no good reason other than Jay Leno probably won't pick anything else that isn't an old mans sedan or hyper-performance sports car. Hopefully I'll be eating my words and the Prius C wins. :)

4. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Prius C is my pick.

5. Chuck Chipner

Chuck Chipner New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This is so interesting! I think <a href="
    Awards
    ">green awards</a> are a great way to motivate companies to keep trying to be more energy efficient. Thanks for this great post!