1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius c paint job, and hood protection?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by priusmatty, Jun 27, 2016.

1. priusmatty

priusmatty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    When I owned a Yaris, the paint job was really cheap, and every little pebble on the road made a ding or a scratch. How does the Prius c paint job compare?

Also, does anyone use any sort of hood protection, like a deflector, or a clear treatment, etc.?

And, if so, does it negatively affect aerodynamics?

2. Bigboi

Bigboi Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Well i put 8500 miles in my 2015 C 3 and have a handful of tiny rock chips but it is no where on my hood, its all near the fog light area on the front bumper and no chips near the front lights so if you're going to clear bra it i would just bra the foglight area and keep a bottle of oem paint for touch ups. The paint is holding up well on my C just because i dont have any damage on the hood and front light area

masterC likes this.
  3. dame94

dame94 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I wish I would have bought a clear bra for my moonglow 2014 C 3

California freeways are BAD for my pearl paint

orenji likes this.
  4. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I don't have too many chips, I do try not to follow others too close, and sometimes I put a bra on the front end.

5. Ken Scheinker

Ken Scheinker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    IV
    I had a clear 3M film that comes as a kit installed by dealer day one. Seattle roads get a lot of gravel and cinders in winter, this product is a paint saver, especially with the low slung hood that just sucks bugs right onto it. After a 1800 mile trip through the SW, my car was mostly bug guts, that film took 90 % of the hits, would have destroyed the paint, had it not been mounted. I strongly recommend. For added protection, I use Liquid Glass, works very well to protect paint.