1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C TPMS are from Scion

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by 3prongpaul, Nov 8, 2013.

1. 3prongpaul

3prongpaul Hybrid Shop Owner, worked on 100's of Prius's

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a TPMS scanner that works on most Toyota vehicles. However, when I try to scan the TMPS on a Prius C with the scanner set to Toyota it cannot read them.

However, if I set my scanner to SCION, it works perfectly.

I would have thought Toyota/Scion/Lexus TPMS sensors all use the same frequency/protocol but it seems Scion sensors are different that Toyota and the Prius C (at least the one I scanned) uses Scion sensors in the wheels instead of Toyota sensors. Go figure.

The TPMS scanner I have is ATEQ VT30 withfirmware EA1-07
    http://amzn.com/B0099RKG1S

ftl likes this.
  2. Farfle

Farfle Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm trying to buy 4 TPMS sensors for my set of winter rims. I'm getting conflicting compatibility reports. I'm pretty sure the sensors are the same as Scion ones, and thus a product like this should work:

()

But would also a set of the PMV-107J sensors that are all over ebay work as well? They work on Liftback Prius Gen III and Vs apparently. I'm just trying to find the cheapest set of TPMS sensors.

3. 3prongpaul

3prongpaul Hybrid Shop Owner, worked on 100's of Prius's

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know if that particular sensor will work.
    The official Toyota part number for 2012 PriusC sensor is 42607-52020 I suggest you check with aftermarket sellers and find out if they offer a compatible part.