1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius c vs. Prius 2

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Kim Hollowell, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Kim Hollowell

Kim Hollowell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I just purchased a 2013 used Prius c two with 53k miles it’s great but a bit small I been thinking about going to trade it in for a 2011 Prius but with 73k miles. I have a small family of four but kinda torn because I want something a lil bigger any ideals or suggestions I should take or just keep what I have? Or upgrade to something bigger but with more miles and older.

2. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Keep the Prius C unless you must have a larger vehicle. If however you decide to purchase another vehicle, don't go backwards on model year and mileage. Especially on a Prius.

Kim Hollowell and jerrymildred like this.
  3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree with @dubit. It would not be a good financial move, so it would have to be motivated by a pretty strong need in order to be wise. And older cars, on average, have problems sooner than newer ones. No sense in paying for that situation when there are plenty of problems in life that come for free out of the blue.

(edited for clarity)

dubit and Kim Hollowell like this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

it would be difficult to advise you on needs and wants. we simply don't have enough information.

you will definitely take a financial hit by trading so early, so you would have to do that investigative work.
    what can you afford to do? if you are talking about an older prius, it doesn't sound like much.

beware future repair costs with an older higher mileage prius, it might not save you money in the long run.

if it's just a matter of size, and money isn't an issue, look around for what suits your family best, there are a lot of efficient vehicles out there in all sizes and colors.

all the best!(y)

Kim Hollowell likes this.
  5. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The C-type is the most dependable member of the Prius family, and it has the advantage of being the one that you already have.

Financially speaking, this is a no-brainer.....especially if you want to make long term plans for things like college, weddings, retirement, etc.

Easiest question I'll answer all day today!

Good Luck!