1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius c Xbox

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Priusgtr, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Priusgtr

Priusgtr New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I was just wondering, is it possible to install an Xbox in my Prius c and use the gas/mileage screen as a tv?

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    It is possible to change the video from the input. But not on a 2 like what you have... unless you've changed the HU. ;)

3. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    if you do it, post up how it looks. people used to do this back in the day when need for speed games were out. havent heard anybody do it recently tho. let us know how it goes!

4. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Like the idea, but would go with a new Play Station over the X Box. :rolleyes:

5. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I used to put PC's in cars all the time, and it is called a "CarPC"! The XBOX is just a crappy computer with a media friendly interface.

I will refer you to mp3car.com where you can learn more about this stuff. There are lots of products out there just for this purpose. It is pretty cool. The last system I installed booted into Windows 7 in under 6 seconds from a SSD on the PCI-x bus and into RoadRunner which is a frontend made for touchscreens. It then looks like a high end touchscreen headunit with GPS, Sirius, Pandora, 1TB of music, music videos, movies, etc. Had internet all the time, and a couple times I was able to play some games while stuck in traffic. There was a wreck on the interstate so traffic was stopped for a good 3 hours because the road was closed and I was past the last exit where the cops directed everyone but us unlucky 1/4mile of cars.

6. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    is it possible? probably.

will it be practical, reasonable, and/or too much a pain in the nice person for it done?
    umm.. maybe.

would i do it?
    nope.

7. Priusgtr

Priusgtr New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two