1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PRIUS Chat Shop complain - DELETED

Discussion in 'PriusChat Shop Forum' started by TheAnnoyingOne, May 19, 2007.

1. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    A non issue as of 5/25/07

2. justifyd

justifyd New Member

Most likely your order was passed along to the third-party vendor that actually offers the car cover. You need to find out who they are and contact them about your refund.

I'm no expert on the matter, but I suspect your dispute was turned down because the PriusChat Shop and the third-party merchant acted in good faith while processing your order. You admit you didn't cancel the order until after it was shipped. And they shipped your order in five days, clearly a reasonable time frame.

My advice is to be REALLY NICE to the vendor when you contact them. And don't be surprised if you get stuck with the cost of transporting your order plus a restocking fee; they have every right to expect that since they'll have to resell that cover as an "open box" item. You'll be extremely lucky if they give you a 100% refund.

I have no idea whether you have a legal case. Only your lawyer can answer that. If it were me, though, I'd exhaust every possible "good faith" option before resorting to something like that. Better to earn his goodwill than force it, if you can.

- Justifyd

3. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Justifyd @ May 19 2007, 02:54 PM) [snapback]445820[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know the vendor; The item was refused, returned un-opened and received by the vendor; The vendor should have made a refund to PC Shop.
    Problem: Good faith after 6 months? PC Shop has ignored e-mails
    Solution: ????

4. tcooper185

tcooper185 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Annoying One @ May 19 2007, 07:20 PM) [snapback]445874[/snapback]</div>
    I'd start by posting this in the PC Shop Forum rather than the general Prius forum. Next, I'd try sending a PM to Danny and explain the situation to him. I'm sure he and Nichole (who minds the store) will be happy to work with you regarding your order and needed refund through the vendor.

I'm sure it's a pretty simple misunderstanding. You placed the order through the PriusChat shop, which forwards your order to the vendor. The vendor shipped, then received back your item order. However, with the item being refused, rather than contacting the vendor to do their form of Return Merchandise Authorization, they just lost track of who the return belonged to. With the amount of time between the original transaction and now, it may take a bit of time to get everything figured out.

A letter from lawyer would not be worth your time or money...how much would the letter cost vs. the money you're missing right now?

By the way, why did you get the tracking number for the cover on the same day you traded in the car? Did you tell them you needed to reject the shipment back then? Probably would have been helpful...