1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Club of Queensland (Australia) New Website!

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by sleeka, Mar 15, 2007.

1. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Please visit the Prius Club of Qld's new website at http://www.PriusClubQld.org All Prius enthusiasts welcome!

Cheers,
    John.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Great website!

3. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Nice site, sleeka! Glad to see that you're an enthusiastic lot down there in Brisbane. If you don't mind me asking, why are you looking to make the club a more formal entity? How's the rain situation been down there lately? I hope that you guys are getting a reprieve.

4. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Mar 19 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]408173[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you,
    Greg, our member who did all the work deserves the credit.

The intention isn't to make it more formal....we are a fun-loving bunch, as well as enthusiastic!

What's rain? I can sort of remember it. Things are getting fairly nasty, actually.
    Where I live in Brisbane, we go to level 5 water restrictions early next month. That means no external water use; saving water wherever possible indoors; power stations cutting back on output to save on cooling water requirements; business use being monitored; water rates going up to try to curb demand etc. etc.
    Water tanks are a necessity (if only it would rain to fill the damn things!), and we now have low-lifes stealing them because of the extended waiting period to get one due to demand.

Cheers,
    John.

5. tripp

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    John,

Sorry to hear that. So has there been talk of building desalination plants and the like?

6. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Mar 20 2007, 05:34 AM) [snapback]408504[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, our State Government has finally realised that we have a crisis looming, and new dams, a desalination plant, and a recycled water pipeline to our existing dams are all (belatedly) under construction.
    Unfortunately, the magic wand which constructs these not-insignificant projects overnight is still missing, so these projects are scheduled to come on-stream (pardon the pun) towards the end of next year....just in time to avoid the point when our dams run dry. They are now hovering at around 20% capacity, and dropping by around 1% per month.

Our fearless leaders, after much crystal ball (and navel) gazing, have miraculously set this timetable under the assumption that no unforseen delays or increases in water consumption due to population increases (which is one of the prime reasons we are in this mess, as we have approx. 1500 people per month moving to our area) will occur.

The rest of us in the real world are praying for rain, and lots of it!

7. tripp

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sleeka @ Mar 20 2007, 11:00 AM) [snapback]408996[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I hope that you get it. Maybe you should start transporting you convicts somewhere so that they don't use any water. :p (sorry, I just finished reading Morgan's Run. Fascinating book!)