1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius codes. C1203, C1231 and C1345

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by bilal ibrahim, Nov 2, 2016.

1. bilal ibrahim

bilal ibrahim Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2011 prius I have 3 codes showing on computer c1203 Engine Control System Communication Circuit Fault, c1231 Fault In Steering Angle Sensor, c1345 Linear Valve Offset Not Learned. Any help me have done a lot of work on prius's hoping it's not a big issue. I have checked fuses and take dash apart to check for any bad wiring or loose earth's. Have also tried to calibrate sensor nothing works thanks bill

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. ILuvMyPriusToo

ILuvMyPriusToo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    No trouble lights on the dash?

3. trentofdestiny

trentofdestiny Master Finagler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Are you using a scanner that has the "Reset Memory" and "Test Mode" functions for ABS/VSC? If not then you can't calibrate. Just need to know what you're using first.

Upon successful calibration, the C1231 may remain but the other two should go away.

4. Sidewayzgt

Sidewayzgt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Was there ever a resolution to this issue? I have those 3 codes that will not erase even with TIS. I have the brake light, brake warning light, abs light, and traction control light illuminated on the dash and they will not turn off. What can I do to remedy this?

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There's a jumper wire procedure for learning the linear solenoid offset, if you don't have Techstream.

As for the communication fault and angle sensor fault, you can try clearing the codes, but if the faults still exist they'll come back. I don't have any special wisdom on those, but the Repair Manual will have troubleshooting procedures. Was there any recent work on the steering angle sensor or spiral cable/clockspring?

-Chap

6. Sidewayzgt

Sidewayzgt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, I just replaced the clock spring.

7. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I seem to recall at least one poster who just plain forgot to plug the steering angle sensor back in when changing the clockspring.

If you check for the dead simple stuff and don't find the problem, the repair manual is your friend.

-Chap