1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Computer Animated Simulation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ericbecky, Jul 26, 2004.

1. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Saw this great computer animation posted by a moderator over at GreenHybrid.com.

Pretty funny! I especially like the "ghost" of the Prius at the end :D

Here's the link so you can choose what format you want it in.

Link at Greenhybrid

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    And the scoffers claim that hybrids have no power. It easily cleared that car!

:)

I considered joining that board if only to compliment the creator.

3. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    thanks for sharing! Very funny. :lol:

4. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What I thought was interesting is that the creator owns a Honda Civic Hybrid, not a Prius.

Could that be the reason he had the car explode?!? :D

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    TonyP:

i love your avatar!!

now that wouldnt be a indirect comment on the length of the waiting list in your area would it??

6. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If it were truly a comment on the wait list, perhaps the car would have no "soul". :wink:

7. bookrats

bookrats New Member

While watching the green Prius' extended "death scene", I was reminded of Paul Reuben's never-ending death scene at the end of the Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie.

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The least they could have done would have been to respect the conservation of angular momentum during the jump!

I think I also noticed one point where the car comes to a stop but the wheels keep turning.

The only point seems to be that the guy likes to fantasize about Prius getting wrecked because he drives an inferior car.

9. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    daniel
    :D Very funny! :D
    Setve's actually a really nice guy. He has a lot of respect for all hybrids and I'm pretty sure he would not think his car is "inferior". When proposing the creation of this animation there was long discussions of whether he should do this with a Civic or Prius. It was actuallya Prius owners suggestion that helped make the final determination.

Steve will be the first to admit that getting a natural flow of movement from character animation is not his strongest suit. But he enjoys doing this for fun anyway! I hope he does some more in the future.

10. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I still think he has Prius envy. :D :D :D

11. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    he isnt the only one with Prius envy.

yesterday i saw an Insight for the first time. ironically it was at the gas station. i saw it and pulled in to say hi.

when he saw what i was driving he wasnt very talkative. in fact he was downright short. i think he was jealous because i was driving a Prius and he wasnt and after getting a closer look at his car, i could completely understand that feeling.

12. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    OK I am getting a Millennium Silver but now I want that green, or chartreuse or what ever. When I was 7 my mother remodeled the house and let me choose the color for my be room. I got to "consult" with the painter until he got the color just right and that was it! It is my destiny. Earl Schwibe (spelling? "I'll paint any car for 29.95") here I come.

13. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hey Hdrygas:

if its tideland pearl you are talking about, let me tell you, i have one and it looks gray to me. it does take on a green tint in very low light or under flourescents.

take a look at my gallery for a few pics.

14. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    No I meant that bright green in the animation. I have seen the Tideland Pearl and I agree it looks gray but at some angles and in some light it takes on a greenish cast. Spooky color. I would have taken one had it been offered. My only color wish was to avoid dark colors. My present car is dark green and I swear it is hotter than other cars I have owned when left out in the sun.

15. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    avoiding dark colors is easy since only black and salsa are dark. the rest are all shades of beige imho...except blue but its a lt blue.

16. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have a idea about my car. Many years ago I read that the green color in chlorophyll was advantageous for adsorbing energy from the sun (probably in botany). My present car (a Ford Exploror) is dark green. I had a bright red one prior and it really seem cooler than the present one. Do you suppose that the green color is adsorbing more energy that other colors? My memory of physics is not any longer up to the task, not mentioning the fact that I squeezed by physics with a B.

17. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well i think that chlorophyll would absorb sunlight either way, the fact that its green might be coincidental.

sunlight leans slightly towards the red spectrum in the afternoon and towards the blue spectrum in the morning but not enough to change its white color. this is due to the doppler effect.

but cars are designed to reduce their energy absorption by putting clear coat on the paint to help reflect the suns heat. but as we all know, the sun is simply too strong to be denied. but todays cars with better reflective paint and UV glass are supposed to be much cooler than older model cars. i cant tell a difference to be honest with ya. i will say that the cloth in the Prius interior doesnt burn you like other cars ive been in.

my corolla required a towel to sit on if my car seat covers were being washed because the seats got so hot.

my Prius doesnt have seat covers and probably will never get them (i have fabric and paint protection put on by...(whispering)All Star Ford...(returning to normal volume)
    so hopefully that will be enough. i am glad there is no ashtray in the car and although i wasnt going to eat in the car, ive already violated that rule...

18. starla30

starla30 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The Prius model is really well done but it's clear the guy isn't an animator. Then again, I'm probably pickier than most. ;)

www.cristinmckee.com

19. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The color you see is the color that is not absorbed. Presumably, chlorophyl is green because green is the portion of the spectrum that is least useful to the plant. A mirrored car would be the coolest, but would also be a road hazzard.

And I cannot believe that the color shift due to doppler from the rotation of the Earth would be detectable by any instrument costing less than a million dollars, and certainly not by the human eye.

20. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    the doppler effect doesnt have to be detected. it is a proven physical effect common to all types of wave radition like sound and light.