1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Cosmetic Patch Recommendations

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Imaginary Sports, May 13, 2024.

1. Imaginary Sports

Imaginary Sports New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I inherited a 2010 Prius 4D Hatchback from a relative this past week.

Overall, it appears to have been kept in very nice shape and it only has 37,000 miles on it.

There were 3 things, however, that I'd like to patch up myself if at all possible.

Any recommendations on these?

First I have an issue where the rearview mirror is semi-detached from the glass. Not sure what is the best product to use to get it to stick to the glass and not have it come off when I need to adjust the rearview mirror's angle.

There's a crack in the rear fender that looks like maybe a grocery cart crashed into it at some point, or maybe a pedal from a bike that was on a car rack at some point? Is there a nice way to easily patch this? Or am I best off bringing it someplace that specializes in that kind of thing? It's small-ish, so I was wondering if I could DIY this.

And finally, there are scratches on the trunk/hatch area. Again, I think prior owner used to put a bike rack on here sometimes and it looks like there are some gashes here. Hoping this sort of cosmetic change is a quick and easy DIY fix.

Any tips are very welcome! Thanks so much - excited to own a Prius!