1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Cruise Control

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jburns, May 6, 2006.

1. jburns

jburns Senior Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Anybody else a bit surprised at how well the Prius holds its speed when in cruise control? Whatever speed I set it it is like a rock uphill and down. All my other cars would drop a mile an hour or two as they started up a decent hill or gain a bit starting down. Not the Prius. Set it at 63 and 63 is what you get. Small thing but nice.

2. highroute

highroute New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jburns @ May 5 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]250650[/snapback]</div>
    Then tap the cruise control lever up once, and you get 64. From there, tap it down twice, and you get 62. I did a 6-hour trip today from Oakland to Long Beach, California, using cruise control almost the entire way, much of it at 72 mph, and it was a joy.

3. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

It's unable to maintain speed downhill, though. Try it on a long hill.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jburns @ May 6 2006, 12:07 AM) [snapback]250650[/snapback]</div>
    I've had several cars with cruise control, and some are a lot tighter than others, but yes, the Prius holds speeds very well. I notice the differences in cruise controls when I get behind a another car on the highway, and after a while it becomes obvious that we are both set at the same average speed, but the distance between vehicles keeps closing and opening as we go up and down hills.

Tom

5. Weinerneck

Weinerneck New Member

The only thing that annoys me a little is if you drop below 25 mph it cancels it out. Does anyone know why they set it up that way? I have found that the cruise does a better job with regards to getting the best mpg's than the human input can most of the time. For me it would be nice if it would hold the setting, even if you came to a stop.

6. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Apparently that's Toyota's way of doing things. I wish it would at least remember the prior setting so I could do a "resume" after getting back above 25...