1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius dealer in Pittsburgh, PA

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Kross, May 1, 2006.

1. Kross

Kross New Member

I recently (about a month ago) purchased my brand new 2006 Prius from Baierl Toyota close to Cranberry Twp (on Rt-19) by Pittsburgh, PA.

I traded in my 2002 Saab 9-5 Linear (Automatic Sedan) with 54000 miles on it (I owed $13,900 on it still in financing). The KBB trade-in value for my car was $12,200.

The 2006 Toyota Prius (Package #7 - EVERYTHING minus Leather) in Seaside Pearl color was priced at $28,500 at the dealership.

I dealt with a FANTASTIC sales consultant by the name of Carlos Avila. Not only did he get me $1000 off the Prius price-tag BUT he also got me a GREAT trade-in value for my Saab. I also got a "recent college student" discount of $500 once I showed them my recent college diploma.

Not only did I get a great deal on the car, but Carlos was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the procedure and was able to answer all my questions right away. He made sure I was well-taken care of, even after I drove off the lot in the car. I now have his number stored in my cell phone because I have called on him a couple of times after I bought the car with different questions and he has continued to take care of me.

Recently I got two paint chips on the hood of my brand new car and was understandably disturbed by this (stupid rocks/pebbles on the highway!). I called up Carlos and asked him as to what his recommendation would be. He told me to bring in my Prius, and he ordered the corresponding color in the Toyota touch-up paint for me, got one of his detailing crew to touch up the vehicle, clean it up, and then wax the entire car... ALL at NO cost to me!

I have had SUCH a great experience with them that I now plan on giving them all my automobile business, be it service or purchases (my fiance' may be buying a new car soon).

If you are in the surrounding Pittsburgh, PA area, give Carlos a call (724-772-1600, ext-224) and mention that you read a review about them by Saad (pronounced like the car Saab, but with a "d" at the end). I garantee you won't be dissappointed.

Also, if you are looking for a Prius and can't find one, let Carlos know and he will take down your contact info and give you a call as soon as they get one that suits your needs. That is how I got mine; I never ordered it or put myself on the waiting list. I just told Carlos the color and the options I wanted and told him to let me know when they got one.

If anyone needs to know any other details of my experience with Baierl Toyota, let me know.

**Note: I am in no way connected/employed/affiliated to Baierl Toyota or the sales consultant that I have praised in this post. I am just a regular customer who has had an awesome experience with them and would like to note their excellent service**

2. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kross @ May 1 2006, 01:53 PM) [snapback]248028[/snapback]</div>

You should have a clear bra installed on your prius. Wax isn't going to protect it from rock chips.
    search "clear bra" on this site for plenty of info

Good luck

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thank you Kross for your post.
    We try to steer members away from dealers who don't excel at customer service and advocate those who go above and beyond. Looks like you've found a real gem there.

That touch-up paint: wow! Good for you and great for them to do it.