1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PRIUS Decal Font

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by geckoboi78, Apr 25, 2005.

1. geckoboi78

geckoboi78 New Member

Does anyone know what font the PRIUS logo is for when you are ordering decals?

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's a good question. I would doubt that it's a standard font though. I used to work for a corporate printing company and learned that many companies will make changes of some sort to make the font different tnough to validate trademarking and copyrighting. You could probably use a font program to get very close, but you'd be dancing the line of copyright enfringement.

3. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Here are two web sites that will help you identify a font.

Identifont will ask you questions about the font, then try to make an identification.

WhatTheFont will work on a sample you scan and send them.

I have not used either one.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This won't help you.

What I use is an old font called Star Trek Next Gen. That won't help you. I'm on a MAC and this was from way back when we used 400k floppies. I can't say that that's what's used here, but it's close enough I'm using it to make a little flag for the Alternative Vehicle Parade for Earth Day in Balboa Park May 1. I'm making a Prius Club San Diego flag out of an American flag that got shredded. I still have the plastic pole. I'm using Hewlett Packard transfer paper.