1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius discounts in Texas

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Charles Suitt, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :rolleyes: My.. Oh.. My, How times change!

Seems just a few weeks ago, North Texas dealers were insisting on $1,000 to $2,000 'market adjustment' *OVER* MSRP for new Prius. Just today [25 November], I received this email:

Hello Charles:

We are over-run with new Prius, and we need to make room for our incoming inventory, so our loss is your gain! Never before have we offered this pricing, and we may not again with gas prices sure to peak higher in the coming weeks with the Holidays.

For a limited time, you can purchase a Prius for as little as $375 over invoice! That's right! You can buy a Prius for less than an employee, and take advantage of the tax break Congress has approved.

Hurry in for best selection because when they're gone, so is this deal!

I *KNEW* that 'worm' would eventially turn. Just two weeks ago, I closed my deal on a 2007 Touring Edition Package 6-A Prius with, in effect, $1,500 to $2,000 off MSRP considering the trade allowance and MSRP discount [not sure how that relates to 'Invoice'] and felt pretty good about the deal. If you live in North Texas, PM me and I'll clue you in to the dealer who sent that email.