1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius down under

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by smssiva, May 12, 2009.

1. smssiva

smssiva New Member

The launch in Australia is taking place on the 29th May. So far there is no indication of the various packages or the prices.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    same time as Canada then. Well, we never announced a date, it's just that's roughly when the dealers in Western Canada will get them. Eastern Canada gets them a week later (approx. transit time to the east coast via rail)

3. mugahed

mugahed New Member

I have asked a few contacts in Toyota for specs and they have sent through a draft spec sheet.. looks like 2 models entry with option to upgrade to nav and then the i-tech which looks like it has everything including leather, pre-crash sys, radar cruise, uv cut screen, sunroof w/ solar cell, led headlamp, all models come with 15 inch wheels though :(

it then mentions a few things which i'm not sure what they are excactly:

seat heater with (d+p) what's d+p?
    audio(all destinations) australia avn,st,jaso/2ch,BSP
    emv and navigation system mid dvd avn (0.5)
    back monitor w/guide +new ipa
    multi-information display in-meter sub display vfd type head up display

can anyone clarify? Also has anyone else got any more info around spec and pricing?

ta

4. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    From information we have in the Prius Club of Queensland (from sources within Toyota Australia), the launch of the new Prius in Australia is not until July.
    We would love to see it sooner if possible, though.

I have seen the details of the Australian model specifications. Our top model (I-Tech) gets pretty well everything on the US option list as standard except for the lane keep assist. Hope our pricing stays similar to the current model as well.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    D+P.. probably means driver and passenger??

15" is good because that means you get the LED headlights and the solar panel moonroof.