1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius drive power trouble

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jan Z, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Jan Z

Jan Z New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello! I am having issues diagnosing my mother's 2007 Prius, which has 213k on it. Dealer said that the inverter and Generator (Trans?) needed to be replaced... Original complaint was loss of power and stalling... I "rebuilt" the inverter (with used parts), and inspected MG2 on the trans, which looked normal, and also replaced the inverter cooling pump... all of the dash lights are still on, the stalling has stopped, but there is still no drive power, so it is hard to get past 10mph. The hybrid battery was replaced about a year ago at the dealer, and the 12v was replaced about 2 years ago... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! sounds like you are qualified for a mini vci. pick one up and check the trouble codes. all the best!(y)

Jan Z likes this.
  3. Jan Z

Jan Z New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The dealer said that the ipm had a "burnt" smell... Trouble code P0011 found. Resistance at generator too high. Only thing to do now is drop the trans and inspect MG1, since MG2 looked ok, but both will be tested after trans is out... The problem is, the car is 3 hours away, so it's hard having to wait til the weekend to work on it... All help is greatly appreciated!!