1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Driver takes cops on chase

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by efusco, Jul 12, 2010.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Half Past Awesome

The police officers in question could see I was the designated smart-nice person of the group, so they came up good-naturedly and gave me the low-down. It helped that I offered them a soda first, as a gesture of our benevolence as firefighters. One of them approached us and said “don’t underestimate those damn Priuses. We’ve been chasing her all around the Northside for a while now. Those little things can move!†I’ve edited that statement, but you get the gist. Apparently, the driver was hopped up from huffing paint and went on a little Tour de North Springfield at high speeds. I’m just glad no one got hurt as a result of her impersonation of an urban TrashCar racer, but it got me to thinking.

Here was this fugitive of the law, hauling nice person and slinging rubber around Northtown, eluding the long arm of the law while piloting a Toyota Prius,

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i disagree with his representation of how the public views the police vs the firemen.:)

3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Well, I've acquired the nickname "Speedy Gonzales", after receiving a citation in the mail for 68 in a 50 Km/hr zone (which I can't see being correct, but how do you argue with photo-radar a month afterwards. And anyway, paying a $113 road tax with no other consequences is much better than trying to fight it). Then yesterday, luckily unobserved, I caught myself forgetting to cancel cruise and going 105 in an 80. AND Pearl usually leaves the traffic behind if first in line at a red light (when it turns green of course). Not speeding, just reaching the limit much faster than the other traffic.

There is nothing "slow" about a Prius. A Prius driver, perhaps, but not the car. Notwithstanding the nonsense put out by the car mags. Yup, it's not a race car. What do they think they are testing?

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Shades of 100+mph Al Gore junior.
    :p

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius