1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius emitting high smug levels

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pollocks, Jun 4, 2006.

1. pollocks

pollocks New Member

Our Prius was emitting high levels of "smug" today. We stopped at a petrol station in the middle of nowhere in our drive back from Seattle to the Bay Area. An older guy came up to us as we were pumping and asked if we were using electric or gas on the highways, and we explained that it uses whatever it needs, but it uses a combination on the highways.

He then went on to ask what mpg we get, and we said we were currently averaging 46 mpg. He replied with "but what speed does that thing do", and I told him that I had the cruise control set at 75mph. He was stunned. I went on to say that we got 460 miles out of our last tank, and it was costing about $30 to fill up.

The Prius was emitting high levels of smug at this point. As he walked back to his gas guzzling ute we heard him incredulously telling his mate how good our mileage was and how much faster our car went.

We giggled to ourselves as we quietly drove off :lol:

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pollocks @ Jun 4 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]265777[/snapback]</div>
    Something will have to be done about that! I am sure GM has a plan to make "smug" illegal to protect the Hummer.