1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Enquiry

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MyPria, May 4, 2006.

1. MyPria

MyPria New Member

I thought I would share what happened to me today. I was driving down a 3 lane boulevard and I heard a car horn perhaps honking at me. I didn't see anyone behind me and I just figured that the honking wasn't for me after all. I came to a stop at a light. Then I looked to my right and 2 lanes over a lady was signaling me to roll down my window. She started asking (nearly screaming) if I liked my car. I told her I loved it. She asked about the gas mileage and pickup. I told her I got between 45-50 mgp and the pickup was very good. Before the light changed she thanked me and said she has been wanting to talk to a Prius owner! She really wants a Prius! I've been questioned a lot about my car in grocery store parking lots, gas station, etc. , but never have I had someone honk me down!! :lol: Has anyone else been questioned in a funny way?

Edit:spelling

2. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    #1 Do you have to plug it in?
    #2 How long did you have to wait
    #3 What kinda mileage you get?

3. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AlphaTeam @ May 4 2006, 09:56 PM) [snapback]250006[/snapback]</div>

Pretty much the three questions that started two conversations at the office today. More and more people are becoming really interested in hybrids in general and the Prius specifically.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    No one has asked me "do you have to plug it in" except one person who already knew the answer! :( No one likes the answer about milage and I have to "prove it". I had them my PDA and watch their eyes get bigger and bigger. Then I stick it to them, first I ask their mpg, and then ask for their milaget data. No one keeps track they quote the EPA sticker.

5. dbotello

dbotello Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Every time that I buy gas someone stops and asks me about the car. So many people at work have been standing around my car when I am leaving work. Nothing that unusual, just a lot of curiousity.

6. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I get asked every time I go to my neighborhood Autozone. I'm always surprised because there usually are a few attention getter cars in the lot.

7. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I don't get gas very often but I see people really looking at us...(maybe it's time to take those meds again but I don't think so...) They look a bit envious and every so often I get the mileage question.

Have not been honked down but I will talk to other Prius owners when I see them in lots. The lady in the Vons parking lot tonight had switched from an Expedition...she was glowing! I had decided to walk the 1/2 mile to the store to p/u laundry soap! Even with the Prius I like to conserve.

8. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    At work mostly....and get this, I even caught my conservative, anti-environment (I can't believe there is anyone like that) co-worker looking at hybrids on-line today in the office. She is asking me alot of questions since I bought my car. We are walking/driving ads.

9. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Never been asked for the most part. I was at an environmental fair last year and a local dealer had a Prius there. I told people about the car and they assumed I worked for the dealer. I told them no, I was just a happy owner. Other than that I'm pretty much ignored. <_<

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah... nobody asks around here.

11. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So far only some neighbors have asked me about my car. One of them liked it so much he stopped by several Toyota dealers looking for one and after being told how long the wait was, he went over to Ford and bought an Escape Hybrid instead. Another bought a 300 right around the same time I got my Prius. I saw him a couple days ago and he asked how I was doing mpg-wise. I told him I was at just over 50mpg on this tank...he said he was considering trading his still-new car in for a hybrid now that gas prices have skyrocketed. :D

I have caught quite a number of people checking out my car in my work parking lot but no one has asked me about it yet. I like to watch thru the office window-it brings me a nice sort of satisfaction seeing people check out my car. There are a few car lovers in our building: one guy has a Jag, another has a monster-size Ford F350 Harley Davidson edition, an H2 and a Mercedes, and still another has a little (but very loud) foreign-make blue roadster. I have caught every single one of them checking out the Prius, I've seen some of them even do a complete walk-around too. Makes me feel strangely like a proud parent... :)