1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius finally on order

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by momfortheenvironment, Jun 25, 2006.

1. momfortheenvironment

I know I want the all season maps, want to get asap. Especially with all the rain around here! The tires, can I wait till the weather turns cold, thinking about the clear protection but probably can't afford it right away.
    The bra, is that to improve mileage and will it help more in the winter, can I wait till then.

Some plates I'm thinking about that are available right now are 4myson and 4earth, lessgas- but for me this is more of an environmental move. Open to ideas or 4air. I'm limited to 7 char.

Oh yes and the bar (the name escapes me) that alot of people installed, does it really help handling and did anyone pay to get it done, I can't do it myself. I have noticed more prius's on the road while deciding and saving up. I'm very excited. Plus I'm thinking about bring up the steering recall and telling them I want it done before I pick it up. Is that reasonable??

2. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If it's a new Prius it probably already has the beefed-up steering
    column components. But it can't hurt to ask and make sure.
    The "bar" you're talking about sounds like the BT chassis stiffening
    plate, which most people report very perceptible improvements from
    and a few naysayers maintain that it's bunkum. I would simply
    observe that the majority lands in favor, and the plates can be
    ordered through the "store" online here.
    _H*

3. momfortheenvironment

thanks hobbit , yes you are right about the chassis stiffening. any idea what anyone has paid.
    Actually the plates I'm talking about are the state of NH vanity plates, we have to have them in front and back. Just looking for feedback, never did vanity plates before!!!

4. momfortheenvironment

bumping for feeback on license plate!!!!!!!!!!

5. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If you don't want a hybrid-related plate, my sister and her husband had a cute one for their Toyota van:

REAL OTA :D

Oddly enough, even though I see many Prius on the road hear in San Diego, I can't remember seeing one with a vanity plate! Well, except for friends of mine who have a Classic with plates that say:

GRN NRG (I LOVE this one, and it's even understandable if you're dyslexic!)

6. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    How about

HVEQSTN (Have Question)....just kidding, although you are very thorough!

7. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(momfortheenvironment @ Jun 25 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]276727[/snapback]</div>
    I just checked the NH DMV website, and they said LESSGAS wasn't available. :(

We've had three VA vanity plates - still have one on our Sienna - and all three combinations are available in NH. Unfortunately, the one my wife would really like - FIREFLY, her name for our Prius - is taken.

New Hampshire is on our short list of places to relocate to when we retire in a couple of years, so I took your message as an opportunity to explore the NH DMV - thanks!

I didn't check the following combinations - found them browsing online - what about:

GASMIZR
    ECOCAR
    GASSIPR
    SIPSGAS
    GASELEC
    MOMILES

8. momfortheenvironment

yea vanity plates in NH aren't as much as some states, like the Grn NRG one but part of what I'm thinking is I'd like to say I'm driving maybe not for the best deal , or less gas (of course that does come into play) but for the air quality. 4Futur- implying less gas, for the environment-what do you think of that one

9. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(momfortheenvironment @ Jun 27 2006, 09:55 PM) [snapback]277775[/snapback]</div>
    It matters if you like it.

BTW, there are a few long threads with dozens of Vanity plate suggestions.

I was thinking about
    LESSMOG.

Some of the MPG related ones I thought might be too in your face and invite a stray key. Paranoid, not me... I just wish you all would stop thinking evil about me! B)

10. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(momfortheenvironment @ Jun 25 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]276727[/snapback]</div>
    The bra is ostensibly to reduce the possibility of rocks/gravel scratching the front of the hood. I guess it can catch a few bug splats too. If it does have an effect on mileage, it can only reduce it. The whole front end design is to have a single 'first point of contact' on the hood to reduce the coefficent of drag. Adding a fabric bra can only increase the dra, though I do not know by how much.

11. IHeartMyPrius

IHeartMyPrius New Member

All I read was prius on order... im sorry

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Get the mudguards.

I wouldn't wait to install the bra. The hood attracts rock chips like a magnet.