1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius forgot beep disabling program

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Bob Allen, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Funny thing happened at work the other day.....HUMU forgot the program that disabled his reverse beeping. At first, I suspected that there might have been something wrong with the 12v battery, as a battery disconnect will cause the beep disabler to go away. The trip odometer and the MFD were also reset to zero. The car worked fine coming home.

Today, I went out to try to reprogram the beep disabler, but it wouldn't take. I followed the directions I got off Priuschat, which worked several times before. Anyone out there have this happen? My concern is that it might indicate something about to fail in the computer.

Wanting to be Beepless in Seattle

2. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    edit: nevermind misread

3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    If you're still on the original battery better check the battery voltage. I would suspect it gets below 11V when it sits overnight. It could drop lower when you get in and depress the brake pedal to start it. If you have a scangauge you can turn it on without turning on the car to check the voltage (just press the button with the red circle around it). Otherwise you'll have to use a meter. Use the "boost point" terminal. It's the easiest place.