1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius-friendly Bluetooth phones in Europe ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by SantaCruzDad, Jan 15, 2005.

1. SantaCruzDad

SantaCruzDad New Member

I've just been shopping for a Bluetooth phone that will work well with the Prius here in the UK and I've learned that the big manufacturers sell different models in the three major markets of USA, Europe and Asia. For example the Sony-Ericsson T637 which seems to be one of the favourite Prius-friendly phones in the US is not evailable here in Europe (we get the T630 instead).

So, I'd be interested to hear the experiences of any UK or European Prius owners in regard to which models of Bluetooth phones work well.

2. starcross

starcross New Member

i had sony ericsson t610, everything works well as far as connecting with the car and phonebook trasfere goes, but i couldn't barely talk to anyone because phone's connection faded in and out so much.
    The phone i would recommend is motorola v600, everything works really well, except transfering ur phonebook, you have to transfere one contact at a time, but except for that it work really well with the prius.

3. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    The T637 is the T630 - as far as I know the last digit just indicates that it's a network-specific variant. We're using the T630, and it seems to work fine. Haven't used it enough to judge it fully though.

4. SantaCruzDad

SantaCruzDad New Member

Thanks KMO - that's good news - I might just go for the T630 aka T637 then, since it seems to be popular with US Prius users. I'm assuming it's a tri-band phone, just like the T637 (I travel to the US quite a lot) ?

Thanks also to the other poster for the negative recommendation on the T610 and positive recommendation for Motorola V600.

5. jhoogwegt

jhoogwegt New Member

I own a Sony Ericsson K700i and it works fine with my Prius 2004 BE.
    Whole phonebook transfers in one piece to the Prius.
    But does not ring by means of the speaker of the Prius...
    But no problem: Radio stops and screen changes to telephone.
    Bye

6. SantaCruzDad

SantaCruzDad New Member

Thanks - I got fed up agonising over this so today I broke down and ordered a T630. I also had to have compatibility with my Apple Powerbook and iSync, not to mention tri-band GSM for when I go to the US on business to it was quite a convoluted selection process.