1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Gen 1 downstream oxygen o2 sensor simulator

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by blake9809, Aug 5, 2024 at 10:26 AM.

1. blake9809

blake9809 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    SE
    the cat was stolen on my 2002 toyota prius gen 1 and no longer have a spot for a downstream oxygen o2 sensor on the exhaust. I would like to run a simulator on the wires just so i can get the check engine light to shut off. What are the wire colors and their purpose on the 02 sensor? also anyone know a simulator that will work for this?

#1 blake9809, Aug 5, 2024 at 10:26 AM
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2024 at 10:48 AM
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    It's too easy to have the bong for the O2 sensor welded in place You can buy the bung for I don't know $18 or something I usually cut them off cars I have a bunch of them out here in the shop when you delete the cat usually I try to leave the bung in place so the O2 sensor can go there with the required spacer and usually the light will go out We hope anyway The simulators I'm not sure about You can Google the nip and denso O2 sensor It is heated and you can get the wire pin outs and all of that anywhere online for most Toyotas there all the same for the heated type Corolla Prius Celica very similar pinouts will be very similar to where they go to the ECU and what have you but I don't know about the fooling devices you're trying to use It's been a long time since I messed with any of those but generally they're pretty straightforward whether they work is another question.