1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius gen 2 2007 UK c0205, c1241, c1242, c1300

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by waqar`, Jul 13, 2020.

1. waqar`

waqar` Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi all,

I have been following this forum for the last 3 or 4 years as thats when I bought my first prius gen 2 2007 uk spec tspirit. The car has been bullet proof so far only needing the front two wheel bearings. The front left was replaced nearly 8 months ago. Yesterday doing about 20 mph just after coming off a motorway going around a round about, the car dash lights including check brakes, vsc and hand brake lights came on. Not the big triangle light. There was also a noticeable loss in braking power. Fortunately, no one was in front of me, i managed to pull over. I couldn't tolerate the beeping any longer so i turned off the car and turned it back on and as if by magic, the car was fine. I cautiously drove back the rest of the 20mins journey and had the codes read. It came back with the following codes.

C0205 left front speed sensor signal malfunction
    C1241 low battery charge, faulty battery, faulty charging system, power source circuit
    C1242 faulty battery, charging system, faulty master cylinder solenoid (skid control ecu)
    C1300 faulty skid control ecu, skid control ecu harness is open or shorted, skid control ecu circuit poor electrical connection

I thank you in advance for your help. I have a couple of questions. If the front left speed sensor has gone bad, would it then throw the rest of the codes with it? Also i checked the battery in the car with a volt meter and it read 12.5 while the car was off. I didn't check it when the car was on.

I am anxiously awaiting your reply as we live in a village and rely on the car very much to get about.

Regards,

Waqar