1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Gen 2 year 2005 US versus European Suspension Struts

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Noel Conroy, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Noel Conroy

Noel Conroy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi Folks

I live in Ireland, my 2005 Gen 2 has 270,000 Km on the clock, I want to replace front and back suspension struts with complete, pre-assembled struts.

My problem is that while on American websites there is no problem sourcing fully assembled struts. In the UK or Ireland (eBay - Amazon - Toyota - Monroe) pre-assembled struts are not on offer, for any car.
    Seems to be a marketing strategy.

Anyway, my question is, would there be any difference between the US Prius and European Prius that would prevent using a US sourced strut in an European model?

Any help appreciated.

Noel Conroy

2. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think the European suspension is the same as on US Touring model. If you replace the complete struts/coilovers they fit fine.

It’s the same marketing strategy on driveshaft’s (for any car) in US you can buy cheap axles here you can only buy separate joints.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I suggest the OP should check part numbers at toyodiy.com comparing North American vs. UK models.