Prius Gen1 beta tester needed in SoCal (Los Angeles) area

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by jacktheripper, Jul 24, 2018.

1. jacktheripper

jacktheripper Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hi guys,

I am the developer of Dr. Prius App, the App currently supports Gen2, Gen3, Gen4 (both NiMH and Lithium) and Lexus Hybrid, only thing left to do is the Prius Gen1 which has becoming very very rare !

I did work with several Gen1 owners from east coast and we did able to extract all the PIDs, however the Gen1 ECU seems to be on the slow side that prevent the App from calling PIDs at once. I am reaching out to this wonderful community to see if anyone in the SoCal area (Los Angeles) that willing to rent me his/her Gen1 for 2 hours at any given day, with compensation of course.

Thanks and please PM or reach out to me at support at PriusApp da com
    Really appreciate all the helps from this PriusChat community!

Jack C.

2. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You could borrow mine for a coupla hours, but I live in Tucson. It's mighty hot here, but do-able.

jacktheripper likes this.
  3. jacktheripper

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Thank you for the offer Brian, always want to visit Tucson but it is a bit too far from LA, will let you know if family wants to tag along then we could make it happen.

4. EbonBetta

EbonBetta Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    What precisely are you doing ? I am in Los angeles county but not sure i anna lose my car for big period of time

5. jacktheripper

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hi EbonBetta, thank you!

The Gen1 prototyping is almost completed, just need to fine tune a few parameters, I found a local repair shop owner has a Gen1, if things go well I can wrap this up next week. Thanks again for the offering.

Jack

Itsmeonprius likes this.