1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius gen2 2007 with android has static buzzing noise from speakers (video)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by haxsen, Nov 14, 2023.

1. haxsen

haxsen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    So I bought this Generation 2 Prius 2007 model around 2 months ago and has this static noise from speakers. It's 2007 G touring with JBL speakers.
    Video shows the problem: Prius gen2 2007 static buzzing noise from speakers and screen flicker

edit: The sound is constant regardless of engine on/off, but the car is ON. Of course it goes off when the car is OFF.
    I've tried lowering/muting audio of the speakers (music/radio) but no luck, it's just constant.

#1 haxsen, Nov 14, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    And it does this all the time are you in a garage It does this in the street everywhere all the time? Seems to me like something's interfering with the systems like a fluorescent light or some kind of RF or God knows what I'm not really a frequency expert but that sounds like hell and this is in the USA too? Just curious I know I'm under a bunch of power lines near my property and strange things go on under the power lines I noticed anything that is stored in the path of my power lines like right under the power lines there a long stretch of them things rust very quickly I have no idea whether it has to do what the power lines are not but it seems like it does If I move the items from under the power lines literally by 40 ft the rust is almost non-existent on a similar items I'm talking power sports equipment the brake rotors things like that will be covered in rust scale in record time. Just 30 ft away maybe 40 ft and the same power sports equipment It's little brother whatever has none of this rust this is name brand stuff not cheap Chinese junk generally speaking. Brake rotors on cars Corollas Prius doesn't matter if these vehicles are parked under the power line area you will see the rust start forming on the brake rotors in an afternoon almost no it's not from rain and moisture but eh

3. haxsen

haxsen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    This is constant, regardless of engine started. Just when I turn the power button on, this sound/noise is constant. No powerlines or anything, it's just constant on wherever I go, whether it's highway or a city. I am not from USA.

4. lexidium

lexidium Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you got the auxilliary input switched on?
    What's it like with radio on?

Data Daedalus likes this.
  5. haxsen

haxsen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    it's stays the same whether I turn on the radio or not. The radio FM is working and I can hear music.

6. haxsen

haxsen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    update 1: I disconnected front (center) speaker and it didn't help.