1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius gets a slight tweak

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by jkash, Apr 28, 2005.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Prius gets a slight tweak

The Toyota Prius has recent undergone what the company describes as 'small but effective adjustments'.

The modifications are intended to improve the car's all-round dynamic performance, with better roadholding and steering feel and lower levels of noise, vibration and harshness (NVH).

Body rigidity has been increased and the springs and dampers have been tweaked, delivering greater straight-line stability and ride comfort. Fine-tuning of the electric power steering system and stiffer wheel construction yield improved steering feel for the driver.

From 1 May, owners can also indulge in extra luxury with the addition of black leather as an upholstery option, in addition to the Alcantara suede-effect trim that's already available. The price for both is £1,350, including VAT and fitting.

http://www.newcarnet.co.uk/newsarchiveitem...l?id=4570&pos=1

2. senectus

senectus New Member

Anyone know if the "fixes" are retro fittable?

3. genalex

genalex Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am on the verge of purchasing an '05 Prius for delivery within a couple weeks (late May). How can I tell (or can the dealer tell) if the new tweaks on noise, body stiffness and steering are in the car I may sign up for???

4. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Notice it's a UK website announcing these mods.

We in the US will continue to be denied anything REALLY cool. We might sue or something... :cussing: