1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius groups in parking lots...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by galaxee, Aug 18, 2007.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    today i had to go to two places after work, and both times i came back to find one or more prius parked right near mine.

the prius wave is dead, but this happens on a semi-regular basis around town- sometimes even in the lot at work. but twice in one day... amused me. few things make me smile lately, that worked on me twice.

2. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It wasn't me. :(

But I always, always park next to a Pri when I see one.

I'm not sure why.

Must be magnetic attraction. :)

3. TSaxman28

TSaxman28 Wandering Minstrel

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Aug 18 2007, 12:38 AM) [snapback]498199[/snapback]</div>

I saw another red Prius in a parking lot and parked right next to it. I was talking with a colleague when the owner of the other car came out. It was fun watching her stop and do a double-take.

One day I saw a total of four red Priuses in my parking lot -- all different packages. That was cool.

I've stopped counting all Priuses and now just count red ones -- much more of a challenge.

C

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I park next to another Prius when I can, even mimicking their front-in or back-in style.

The way I see it, regardless of the make/model of car, when you see two or three identical cars parked side-by-side it catches your eye. So I view it as a way to passively draw attention. "We're here; we're hybrids; get used to it."

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i don't know what the compulsion is to park next to other prii. i just find it amusing when you leave one in the parking lot, and come back to 2 or 3. makes me think of cell division or something.

6. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    They get lonely? Then talk about us while we're away!

7. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Neicy @ Aug 18 2007, 01:29 PM) [snapback]498409[/snapback]</div>
    I believe this one.

In Olympia, it's easier to find Pri to park near... here on the Harbor, the other Pri drivers seem to be anti-social. No waves. No smiles. They don't even say hi when you walk by them on the way to your respective Pri.

I wave... I smile... I park near other Pri when possible!

Oh, hey, today at 3-ish, Mud Bay Road, White Prius with the Bug Deflector... I waved at you!! :D

8. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Last Thursday when I went to office depot there was another silver pine mica prius already there. I couldn't park next to it so I parked nose to nose with it.

9. PriusOwner004

PriusOwner004 New Member

I never do "the wave" but I always park next to another Prius if I see one nearby. Then if we both happen to go back to our cars at the same time, we always start a conversation, usually asking each other what MPG does each one get. Just the other day met an older guy from NY, who had an 06 and said he gets 39 to 42 MPG and was surprised when I told him I get 50 to 55.