1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Guru, I Need Spacers Help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Manila Ice, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Manila Ice

Manila Ice Hybrid and V8 Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Im planning to install a 5mm 0r 8mm spacers at the rear...do I need to buy the studs also? What brand of spacers do you guys recommend and a link will help me a lot. Thanks .

2. bino

bino JDM ZVW30

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    5mm spacers you won't be needing to change your studs... I would also suggest to get hub centric spacers such as ichiba..... I sometimes use 8mm spacer (when I go to car shows) and the number of turns I could do on the lugnuts depends on the wheels I'm using.... but if you are not planning to change the wheel studs... stick with the 5mm

3. Manila Ice

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Got it!!! Thanks so much ;)

4. peterjmc

peterjmc Ping pong in Ding Dang...

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Anything larger than 5mm and I would recommend that you get longer studs installed. I'm with Binos recommendation that if you buy a spacer, it should be hubcentric. The hub size is 54.1.

If the wheels you have are hubcentric, most likely you'll loose that if you install a 5mm spacer. The lip on the rear wheel hub is 6mm if I remember correctly. With the 5mm spacer installed that gives you 1mm of lip which is not enough length for the wheel to grab onto to keep them hubcentric. None of the 5mm spacers that I've seen while shopping for them have lips to keep your wheels hubcentric. When you go to spacer sizes 8mm and higher the spacers usually have the rings.

5. Manila Ice

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    okidoki...thanks much (y)

6. rockerdan

rockerdan PiP Rocks!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model: