1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius HEV Gauges / Dash Survey

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bjherron, Oct 12, 2010.

1. bjherron

bjherron New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,
    I work for a company that makes a OBD2 dashboard display. I won't mention any names because I don't want to violate any advertising policies on the forums. Anyways, we are focusing on making a specific software version of this dashboard that will support the Prius and Volt. We have recieved the extended data lists from both OEMs and plan to offer a high level of data, much more than generic OBD2 devices.

I wanted to find out what you would be interested in viewing/logging on the display. Ideally we want to create three different color screens that represent all of the useful information you could want. If it was your choice, what would you put on the screen? If it's helpful I can post the prius data list so you can pick from it.

Thanks,
    Brian

2. bjherron

bjherron New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think I should clarify by posting the data list I am working with for Prius. Below is the list we are sorting thru, we are just trying to figure out what people want to see so we can come up with a top 50 parameters. Once we have that, we want to design 3 dashboards that display the most popular info on our 4.3" 480x272 color screen. The list is a little intimidating.

Attached Files:

3. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This looks a lot like the survey for next generation MFD:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-main-forum/84493-next-generation-mfd-check-out.html
    Many Prius owners wanted more information available in a customizable format on an MFD that has rich LED colors (more than 3) to show vital engine/hybrid information such as the health of the 12 volt battery and coolant temp, etc. There would also be some more technical options such as throttle position and RPMs for those who want to view them. The software would be Windows and Mac based and could be "uploaded" to the ECU/MFD via the OBD port. Someone also mentioned Carputer. At any rate, the future of what is on the next generation of dashboards (and MFDs) is unknown. Check it out.

4. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'd say SoC, engine RPMs, coolant temperature, and battery amps are most important. DTCs and a variety of temperatures (inverter, motor, etc.) are useful sometimes.

5. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    How about the ability to display individual tire pressures? All available fuel economy PIDs are a must!

Another really nice added feature would be the ability to modify the customizable features listed in the owner's manual! I'd buy one just to be able modify and change these settings without having to visit the dealership!

Packaging is important also, Edge Products makes a nice pod that mounts to the dash for their gauge, it makes the install look finished, not like an after-thought stuck to the dash with velcro...

6. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Will your product read multi-frame information?