1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius & Highlander observation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Astroprius, May 28, 2004.

1. Astroprius

Astroprius New Member

I was driving behind a Highlander tonight and noticed that the rear window wiper appears to be exactly the same as the one on the Prius. I assume the wiper on the Highlander does a better job because of the placement and size of the rear window. I'm not complaining, just making an observation... :D

2. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That wouldn't be at all impossible. Parts bin sharing reduces manufacturing costs.

3. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring

It's raining today in the northeast. Driving in I didn't even need to use the rear wiper. I use Rain-X on all windows except the windshield and visibility is fine. Give the product a try; it works well. Don't forget the mirrors and headlights; it help keep crud off them also.

I found that Rain-X on the windshield causes buildup which clouds with time from mirco-scratches caused by the constant swiping of the wipers. So far, I haven't had problems with rear wipers; I just don't need to use them that much.