1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Hood Accessories in vinyl

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by geologyrox, Jan 15, 2006.

1. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

I want to buy everything Prius Hoods offers =P Well, not quite, but it feels like it. I want the hood, the center console, the armrests, the glove box cover, and the drivers side dashboard cover, all in black vinyl. I talked to the owner, and while she doesn't offer everything in vinyl anymore, she was willing to order the materials for me. I asked her for either a dark grey or black - I think it will go well with the grey interior.

I asked her for a package price just for me, and asked her to give me a price if more people turn out to be interested - the vinyl is a bit cheaper, and I can't be the only person here who would prefer NOT putting slabs of dead cow skin all over the brand new car. Would anyone be interested?

I'll post the price she quotes me when she replies. In leather, the set I want is $189.34. Hoping for the same set in vinyl to be less than $150, but we shall see!

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Why vinyl? It will just look cheap.

I've got the entire set in black leather. Looks and feels so much better than vinyl.

I like it so much, I'll eventually get the center console and armrest reupholstered in real leather. But I'll still use the hood and dash covers. I really like the covers on both the glovebox and the driver's side. So much nicer than the cheap plastic.

3. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    How did the installation go? I'm concerned about permanent damage, specifically looking at the door and console covers.