1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Hood Sun Visor Hood for MFD Screen now available in PriusChat Shop

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    After many many requests, we have added the Prius Hood product to the PriusChat Shop.

PriusChat Shop : Toyota Prius Sun Visor Hood for MFD Screen [PriusHood] - $35.00

[​IMG]

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow, that looks like the one I have!
    They work GREAT, btw :p

3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Does anyone know or can someone measure for me the amount of overhang at the top (i.e., distance from the top edge of the MFD frame (not the screen) to the outer edge of the hood)?

Looks like a couple of inches, but I'm curious as to the exact measurement.

These are hard financial times, so I'm looking to make my own. It won't look OEM or pretty, but it'll tide me over until better days or next Christmas.

Thanks.

4. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Just use cardboard and duct tape, keep a scissors in the car, trim yours until you like it, extend it back with tape if you cut too far, then make a pretty one using that for a pattern.

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You're right of course, but I'd still like the overhang measurement just out of curiosity.

BTW, here's what I did in a lazy, quick and dirty trial run, using a 75 cent piece of thin black neoprene and doubled over gaffers tape:

[​IMG]

Not bad. The black neoprene is cheap and easy to use because it's flexible, and is a decent color and textural match.

Later, if and when I summon up the patience, I'll make a perfect paper template and use it to make a "House Beautiful" neoprene MFD hood.